WebSite X5 Updates.
Discover all of the features and improvements introduced into new versions of the software.
Discover all of the features and improvements introduced into new versions of the software.
Already a customer?
If you have purchased a license during the last 12 months, you already have access to the updates, and you can find them here.
On the other hand, if you have an old WebSite X5 license, discover our special offer for you.
Remember: with the current version, you can import all the projects starting from version 11. Please find more information on "Project Conversion".
New Database settings for Pro only
No matter how small a website is, it will almost always rely on a database in order to function properly. We have then simplified the way the database function is managed: it is now possible to connect a single database to the project and, moreover, it is WebSite X5 itself which now automatically creates and renames all the necessary tables for a correct and efficient data management. This makes everything easier.
The Blog settings window now completely focuses on the Post list display and management. Consequently, the Blog Title and Description can be set using the specific SEO section.
Product Sheet Page for Pro only for Pro only
Here's what was still missing for a top e-commerce. Now WebSite X5 creates automatically a product page for each product. The Product Sheets have image galleries, texts, prices, related products, reviews, social buttons and, of course, the Buy button. Quick to create, optimized for sales, responsive, complete with structured data: in short, perfect!
Product sheet details:
- Image gallery: import not only images but also videos and present your product in the best possible way.
- Details: in addition to a short description, include longer texts to highlight the features and benefits of your product. Text can be organized in tabs to achieve a more efficient result.
- Related products: you have your customer's attention so grab the opportunity to present other products in the same category. Do it all with one click.
- Reviews: Customers trust the opinion of other customers. Invite them to leave a review of your product or rate it.
- Connection: the Product Sheet pages are connected to the cards of the Product Catalog Object or of the Search Page. With a new link, however, you can connect them as you like.
- Preview: by selecting a product and clicking on the Preview button, you will see the local preview of the related Product Sheet page. A small yet useful shortcut.
- Responsive: we know that many purchases are made from smartphones, so we have made sure that the Product Sheet pages are responsive and always allow the best shopping experience.
- Structured data: it's essential to allow Google to understand page content and enrich the SERP. Obviously we have also included them for the Product Data Sheet pages.
Control Panel and WebSite X5 Manager App only for Pro
As we said, you can ask customers that use your Product Sheet pages to leave a review or to express a vote: the power of word of mouth is always a great idea. We have updated the online Control Panel and the WebSite X5 Manager App to more conveniently moderate comments and manage conversations, including those relating to products.
The information you can enter on a store product as well as for a blog post is a lot and the Product Settings and Article Settings windows were starting to get a bit to crowded. With the new interface, however, everything is tidier and now creating the catalog or writing a post is even more enjoyable.
As for store products, also for Blog articles we have added a new type of link to connect a specific post and the possibility of calling up the local preview of individual posts.
New PHP version, PHPMailer and JQuery
WebSite X5 is now compatible with PHP version 8, with PHPMailer version 6.3.0 and JQuery 3.6.0: your sites will be even safer and faster.
Partly because trends change, partly because you never stop improving, it was time to make WebSite X5's graphical interface fresher. We have cleaned, finished, moved ... everything to create a harmonious and tidy environment, capable of making your work enjoyable. And here's the result!
WebSite X5 is a wizard, a magician or, in other words he's your special helper made for you to enjoy website creation. He welcomes you in a redesigned and quicker start page, full of information and content that can be useful to you.
Sometimes an image is worth a thousand words: find what you are looking for at a glance. Here's why we've added previews for existing projects: it's easier now to find the project you are looking for.
Templates only for Pro
With the right Template half the work is done. In the preset Template gallery of WebSite X5 Pro you will find 5 new solution: do you want to find out how they look and how to use them for your next projects?
Search field Object
Give your user what he is looking for immediately, without inaccuracies or waste of time: it's everyone's goal on the web. From today you can count on an even more performing internal search engine, by setting the search on the whole site, only on e-commerce products or only on blog posts.
Working on row formats allows you to complete and to garnish your template by creating fancy full-width backgrounds. You asked us to add transition effects to the image list background and to allow image timing, so we did.
E-commerce - Personalized search filters for Pro
We've introduced the option to create new, personalized filters for the Shopping Cart Search page. All you need to do is add and customize the relevant product properties (e.g. "brand", "size", "power", etc.) so that Customers can find them and use them as search criteria within your online store. Read more.
E-commerce - Shipping costs by country for Pro
Site owners already had the option of offering different shipping costs based on the total value of an order, or the overall weight of the goods in the order. Now, you can also adjust shipping costs based on the destination Country of each order.
E-commerce - PayPal Commerce Platform payments
We've integrated the 3D Secure protocol to increase the level of security for Credit Card transactions, and we've activated new measures to ensure that returns are processed correctly, when it comes to shipping physical goods.
Comments & Ratings
Your readers' feedback is important: that's why we've completely overhauled how ratings and comments are appear, updating your blog or website pages to make them more contemporary and user-friendly.
In addition to using them for Objects, you can now also insert Anchors directly into the page's Rows. This makes it easier to create internal links, especially for one-page sites that use the Full Height feature to scroll through vertical "sheets".
We've redesigned the graphic interface of the Row Style window to make it more user-friendly and more in line with the Object Grid.
We've Integrated the PayPal Commerce Platform
Thanks to this new integration, accepting all kinds of payment in your online store is easier than ever. The PayPal Commerce Platform allows you to manage all the most popular payment methods in each country from a single account: credit or debit cards, prepaid cards, PayPal accounts, and most importantly, countless other local payment methods (for example, MyBank, iDeal, Soford, Giropay, etc., to name just a few) used in over 190 countries around the world, with over 100 different currencies.
The launch of the PayPal Commerce Platform also means that the old PayPal payment system is now deprecated.
Structured Data for Pro
We've significantly enhanced the use of structured data to optimize pages for Search Engines. Structured data describes the pages' content in a way that's more easily comprehensible for Search Engines, who use it to enrich their SERP.
We've implemented the use of structured data for:
- Article - To describe the information contained in Blog articles.
- Breadcrumb - To describe the path that leads to Blog articles.
- Carousel - To display posts from a Blog category or products available in a single page in a carousel.
- Local Business - To connect a company's site with information about its physical location: address, opening hours, contact information, etc.
- Logo - To define the organization's logo.
- Product - To describe individual products in an online store.
- Sitelinks searchbox - To define how to carry out a search within the site.
- Speakable - To identify the parts of a blog post that can be read aloud by a Voice Assistant.
- Video - To describe the videos present in a website.
SEO - UI for Pro
We've added a section that's entirely dedicated to SEO, separating it out from the section for activating the site's analytics services and inserting personalized code.
Online store - UI
We've separated the section where you insert products from the online store design. You can now customize the Special Pages in the Map, called "Online Shopping Cart: search" and "Online Shopping Cart: shopping cart and checkout", and choose your design.
Online Store - UI for Pro
The "add products" window now includes the option of searching through existing products: this makes it easier to manage catalogs with many items.
Online Store - Product Search Shortcut
We've added a useful new feature to the Insert Link options: a shortcut to the "Product Search" window to find a specific product category.
Online Store - Check-out Process
We've optimized the store's check-out process by improving how the registration process behaves, the payment/shipping methods, and the order confirmation steps.
Online store- Check-out Design
We've overhauled the design and layout of the checkout pages in order to make them even more clear and user-friendly for the clients placing orders.
Clients who have registered to access your website's secured pages, will now find a new process for requesting a password reset: this increases the site's security standards, as well as complying with the directives of the GDPR.
Blog - UI
As with the online store, we've separated the content management aspects from the design and layout elements. Now, you can manage all your design features through the Special Pages titled "Blog: home page" and "Blog: article" in the Map.
Template Library for Pro
We have added 10 new pre-set Templates to the WebSite X5 Gallery. They have all been designed with the new tools and 5 are completely dedicated to the new online store features.
- The mouse-over effect is now available for images in product pages and images in the online cart search page.
- We've encreased from 64 to 96, the number of lines that can be added to each website page.
- We've updated the minimum server requirements to PHP 7.1.