New Premium Image Library
We've introduced a library with millions of high-quality, royalty-free Premium Images. Now you can search for images using a variety of precise filters while you work in WebSite X5, insert draft images into your project, then buy only what you want to keep. This service is offered in partnership with Depositphotos.
New Content Slider Object
With this Content Slider, you can create sliders in which, in addition to an image, each slide contains a background, a title, a description, and a link-enabled button. Basically, it's the perfect Object for an eye-catching Home Page.
New Button Object
You can't have a website without buttons: now they're easy to create with the Button Object. Customize text, appearance, and link in just a few clicks, and your button is ready to use.
We've re-organized and enhanced WebSite X5's support materials with new content. You can find all kinds of new articles, videos, and tutorials in the Help Center's new Guide section, as well as through the new Suggestions Toolbar in the software itself.
We've added 10 new Templates for Pro, and updated 5 Templates that can be used with both Evo and Pro. The new Content Slider object has been added into all these templates.
Object Management Window
We've redesigned the Object Management window, making it faster and more intuitive to search and select Objects for your project.
SEO - Page Loading Speed
Along with other factors, Google favors pages that load the fastest. That's why, in order to increase page loading speeds, we made the following changes:
- New image compression engine for Pro
All images added into a project can be optimized later using the newly integrated image compression engine. By optimizing images, their overall dimensions can be reduced up to 60%.
- Gzip Compression for Pro
Now, files can be compressed into the Gzip format before being sent to the browser for display, this speeds up transmission times. With Gzip, the HTML, JS, and CSS files can be compressed up to 80%!
- Minify resources for Pro
When you export your website, all of the project's JS and CSS files can be minified to make them faster and more lightweight. This involves deleting superfluous characters (spaces, line breaks, comments, etc.) from the code, without compromising its functions.
- Loading fonts
A fallback font is automatically specified for each project: so users can immediately view the page's text when published online, even before the correct fonts load and are applied. This means the page appears to load faster.
- New styles added to the Object Gallery's miniature library
- Added the New category amongst the Template search filters.
- Added the Used in Project category to the Object search filters. This will make it easier to find the objects you use the most in an ongoing project.
Full Height display
This new option lets you make your content always take up the full height of your visitors' browser windows. This makes the page look like a series of slides.
We've added 5 new preset templates to the WebSite X5 Gallery: we developed them using the Full Height feature. In addition to these, which are available for Evo and Pro, we've also introduced 5 more which are only available for Pro (Fotisto Studio - Mark Thing - Funeral Service - Sommelier - MakeUp Artist).
Blog - UI
We've improved the way posts are managed. With the new tool bar, for example, you can copy and paste posts, as well as search published posts.
Blog - design
We've updated some preset settings and introduced new options: allowing you to design Blog pages and posts more precisely.
Blog - responsive
In order to improve the way Blogs are displayed and navigated on mobile, we've revised certain layouts and behaviors.
Blog - SEO
We updated the pages' code to introduce a few new tags which will improve the content's indexation on Search Engines.
Online stores - design
We've improved the layout, added new options (regarding the style of the purchasing process steps, for example), and refreshed certain libraries (add/remove from shopping cart button, new items and discounts banner, etc.) which allow you to customize the design of your Product Sheets and shopping cart pages.
Order confirmation e-mail Pro only
We've introduced the option of choosing whether the order confirmation e-mail should be sent from the shopping cart before or after the payment is made.
- A new Page Property allows you to hide the Head and/or Footer included in the Template.
- Moved from Step 1 - Settings to Step 5 - Export: the prompt to specify your site's URL.
- The publishing process has been simplified.
- We introduced new commands regarding the compatibility of the Web space used.
As part of a larger re-branding initiative introducing a new logo and new names for the software editions, we've completely revised the program's graphic interface, emphasizing clarity, readability and ease of use.
We've re-designed the entire library of preset templates available on WebSite X5.
- Access 100 templates, divided into categories and ready to use: they're all new and already mobile-friendly.
- Each template is now a complete project with graphics, pages and content that you are free to customize.
- A live preview of each template helps you choose quickly and easily.
Optimization Pro only
The optimization features that were previously available in the WebSite X5 Optimizer app have been integrated: use them to get the most out of the software.
The PhpMailer class used to send e-mails has been updated for better compability with hosting providers.
We've overhauled the library of styles to be applied to each object: with new options, you can easily create graphic boxes to best emphasize your content.
A new internal engine for page generation has been developed. Thanks to the CSS Grid technology, page layout is now automatically redesigned. Websites can be created more quickly, and their rendering on the different browsers is more precise.
Full width websites
With this new option, you can adjust a Gallery, a map or any other content to the full width of the browser window.
The Hamburger Button is functional on mobile but it is being more and more used for desktop resolutions too. Now you can:
- decide to display the Hamburger Menu for all resolutions;
- design the Hamburger Button as you prefer;
- set the speed you want your Hamburger Menu to be opened in.
Automatic order processing Pro onlyAdded option for automatic order fulfillment. If you sell digital goods, as soon as your customers have paid with PayPal, they will receive the order fulfillment email without you having to do anything.
Discount Management Pro only
Coupon codes and discounts are very important for an effective sales strategy. Now you can intervene on both individual product and on the total order amount:
- you can set fixed or percentage discounts;
- you can activate coupon codes and define their starting and closing dates;
- you can activate and manage more coupon codes at the same time.
Amazon Pay Pro only
Amazon Pay is now available as store payment method. You now have one more tool to meet your Customers' needs.
Customer Registration Pro only
Your Customers can now choose whether to register or not before finalizing purchase.
Title tag Management Pro only
The Title tag management - which is fundamental for the page optimization - has been improved. Now you can:
- specify the Title tag for each website page and Blog post, distinguishing it from the simple page title;
- set the format the Title tag needs to have.
Blog SEO Pro only
Now you can specify Description and Keywords metatag for each Blog article.
- In the Menu Object, there are now new options to set current page style also for level menu.
- Object margins can now be managed better thanks to a specific window.
- Mobile visualization of images and videos in the ShowBox window has been improved, they are now full width on any device.
- All the Objects in our Marketplace, can now use the free Pixabay images.
- In the Start edition, it is now possible to activate the responsive option.
HTML5 & SEO
New HTML5 tags have been introduced in the code. In this way, the semantics as well as the page accessibility have been improved, so that now your website can be better placed on search engines results, such as Google.
Tag H1-H6 Pro only
Added SEO option for the H1-H6 heading tags setup, that can help you rank higher on Google's search results.
You can now define the heading styles and apply them in the text editor too.
Security and GDPR
The code WebSite X5 generates has been verified so to make sure that it is compliant with GDPR, the new European Privacy regulation. You have everything you need, including new rules your users have to follow as far as the password generation is concerned: now it's up to you to correctly set up your website.
AMP pages Pro only
The Google AMP technology has been introduced for your Blog. You can convert all your post in AMP pages with a simple click: they will load faster, and they will look just perfect on smartphones.
The project management has been made easier: all the projects are saved in the same folder, regardless the version they have been created with. So you don't have to export and import them every time you want to update them.
The website Preview window has been redesigned, so now you can:
- use a toolbar with bigger buttons, which are easier to locate;
- use new Device buttons, which are useful to display your responsive websites on the different breakpoints;
- use a command to save the external browser you choose to display the preview on.
The link option Call has been renamed in Call/Message and we have added new functionalities: a part from Skype, you can now use providers such as WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, Viber and Vkontakte to keep in touch with your website visitors.
File Attachment Pro only
You can now add a File Attachment in the order form of your e-commerce. In this way, you can ask your customers for a proof of purchase or a picture to customize the products you sell.
- Added compatibility with WebAnimator 3 animations.
- The functioning of the 404 Page has been modified to simplify its manual management through the .htaccess file.
- The uploading to the server has been modified so to make it tidier. The files referred to Optional Objects are now exported in a subfolder instead of the website root.
- You can now name the IWZIP file when you export a project.
- The installation procedure is now easier: you do not need to completely reinstall the new versions, because they are now managed as the updates are.
Preview your website on Mobile Pro
Scan the QR code with your device for a preview of your mobile website.
404 error Page Pro only
Customize the 404 error Page with your style: the code needed is managed automatically.
For better-converting banner ads, now you can:
- choose the pages on which you want to display a banner
- schedule start and end date of your campaign
- decide to show a banner after X seconds.
100 new Graphic Templates included in the software.
Now both Professional and Evolution have advanced backup management options, including:
- manual or automatic backup settings;
- automatic backup the first time you save;
- old backup copies are automatically deleted;
- backup reminder.
Project Analysis Pro only
Project Analysis monitoring extended to all settings and template elements.
Improved Import/Export of Product Image List in .csv: now you can add item images.
- Improved fullscreen ShowBox: the image now covers all the space.
- If necessary, Optional Objects automatic updates or installs now run when opening a Project.
- Improved Object Management: now you can use the Search Box and sort the list of available objects alphabetically as well as by category.
- Now you search for an object using the new Used in Project category.
- Introducing new Tooltip designs and mouseover effects.
- Project Analysis window design has been changed.
- Map Creation window design has been changed.
- The Calendar related to the Date Field in the Contact Form Object has a new graphic design.
Font Management is now linked to the Template, Google Fonts and Web Fonts are integrated in the software and new Default font has been introduced.
New Object Menu has been introduced; enhanced responsive visualizations and Sticky Bar customization.
New Reverse and Fixed Parallax Effects; improved Row Formats: now you can add SlideShows and Maps or apply an animated Overlay color filter.
New field and Send button style settings. The Send label now can be customized.
Introduced fullscreen animated galleries with transition effects.
New tab layout for the blog's home page, cover picture for each post, Featured Articles and side blocks are enabled.
Now you can activate registration to your store by creating a customer account on a visitor's first purchase and export customer data in one click.
200 new Graphic Templates included in the software.
Automatic backup every time you save (only Pro) and manage backup reminders, old backup copies are now automatically deleted.
Improved interface and new graphics for the Object icons.